Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Quote to Keep Me Going

“No amount of falls will really undo us if we keep on picking ourselves up each time. We
shall of course be very muddy and tattered children by the time we reach home. But the bathrooms are already, the towels put out, the clean clothes in the airing cupboard. The only fatal thing is to lose ones temper and give it up. It is when we notice the dirt that God is most present in us: it is the very sign of His presence (CS Lewis, as quoted in Glaspey, Not a Tame Lion, p. 189.)

Falling down sucks. 

Getting up is not easy.

In fact, there are times I'm not sure I can even get up. I often feel hopeless and defeated.

Yet one mercy the Lord has blessed me with is a knowledge that the only way I truly lose is to give up and stay face down in the mud.

I fell once again 6 days ago. And the pain was exquisite.

Today, thanks to a loving, courageous wife, and a God who loves me, I am at least back to my knees and trying to move forward.

No comments: